Tea towels that tell home truths about housework.
Inspired by feminist pioneer Betty Friedan who wrote
Housewifery expands to fill the time available.
In other words housework will take ALL THE TIME if we let it. So don’t let it.
• From Home Truths : beautiful homeware inspired by mighty women.
• 100% heavyweight half panama cotton to dry as well as the traditional glass cloths.
• White with housewifery motif in racing green, old school navy and raspberry pink.
• 78cm X 48cm
• Hanging loop and care label
• Washable at 40 degrees
• Wrapped with a belly band featuring Housewifery expands …. quotation
• Designed in London
• Made in UK
• Ideal gift for cooks; feminists and for housewarming
( 0 ratings )No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
Welcome to Home Truths – here’s how it started. One of my jobs is to interview women about their lives and read books by amazing feminist thinkers. I do this alongside raising my own family and waging an endless war on housework. One day a line from Betty Friedan’s The Feminine Mystique jumped off the page .
“Housewifery expands to fill the space available”
I realised I needed Betty by my side – not just on my bookshelf. What if those inspirational words were on the things I use everyday? Giving me space to think. Not telling me what to think. No one needs shouty tea towels. So I designed a range of subtly surprising products which are ethically produced, look great and work beautifully.
Within United Kingdom (UK)
United Kingdom (UK)
Shipping within 1-2 working days
I do not accept cancellations or returns but please contact me if there are any problems with your order and I'll do my best to sort it out.
string(225) "As pieces are mostly Made to Order, shipping time is between 2-3 weeks, but often earlier.
You will be notified by email when your order is on its way.
It will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery / Tracked and Insured."
string(1520) "We will refund an item, in full, if it is received faulty.
*Please email an image of the faulty item as soon as it is discovered.
Faulty goods will only be accepted for refund if they are returned within 14 days of receipt, unless we have notified you otherwise.
Please allow 7 working days for a refund to be processed.
* If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we're sorry to hear that, however, simply return the item to us in its original unused condition, within 14 days of receipt and you will be eligible for an exchange.
* Due to hygiene reasons, this does not apply to earrings.
** this also excludes custom orders
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us.
Therefore for your own protection we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
The cost of returning the item to us is also your responsibility.
*Delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty.
Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation.
* Once a customer has committed to purchasing a custom order, Sharlala Jewellery cannot accept cancellations or returns, as these orders will be processed at the makers expense and made especially for this customer.
Any incorrect ring sizes, chain lengths and customisation details, are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Ring sizers are available to purchase to ensure correct measuring prior to order completion."